When We Speak TV - BLOG

CHECK THIS OUT!




Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meet Crissy Collins

Singer Crissy Collins


On Thursday, September 15th, I decided to go to a Crissy Collins performance at Café 290 in Atlanta. (I guess I don’t have to tell you that I enjoyed myself, you should know that, because I’m talking about it!)  If you aren’t sure who Crissy Collins is, or have not heard her name before, let me briefly run down a little about her. You can see her in Tyler Perry’s plays Madea Goes To Jail and Madea’s Big Happy Family. If you’ve seen the play Madea Goes To Jail, Crissy plays the inmate Chico that Madea refers to as “young man”. In addition, if you’ve seen the play, she sang the (you know what) out of the song Yes Jesus Loves Me in this play. She also makes an appearance in some of the Tyler Perry movies… I can’t think of exactly which ones off hand but I think it was The Family That Preys and Madea’s Big Happy Family

In addition to her work with Tyler Perry, you can also see Crissy singing behind one of music’s most noticeable names, Beyonce. Yes, she is also a background singer for the music superstar Beyonce.

I heard Crissy sing in person back in December 2010 when she sang at the SW Atlanta Soulful Celebration, in which I sang in the choir on the song she led but I had never been to one of her performances. I also remember seeing her singing with Beyonce in Atlanta at the I Am Tour. It was great to experience Crissy Collins as an individual singer, it was definitely time well spent!
When We Speak TV wishes Crissy the best that life has to offer and much success as she continues to grow and prosper!
For more information on Crissy Collins and her music:
www.crissycollins.com





Buy Crissy Collins Music on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment





Jermaine Sain is the host/ creator of a talk show called When We Speak. After exiting the U.S. Army in 2003, as a Medical Sergeant, Jermaine began pursuing a career in music after he auditioned for American Idol in 2005, in Austin, Texas.


In 2008, Jermaine moved to Atlanta where he has had the opportunity to provide backing vocals for Kem (Grammy nominated R&B Singer) Heart (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and Barry Manilow, as well as for companies such as Pink Ribbon Story Foundation and Verizon Wireless. He made his first music video appearance in Kem's Glorify The King.


Jermaine's talk show, When We Speak, caters to entertainment with a close focus on indie music professionals.

When We Speak TV Store

The When We Speak TV Daily