When We Speak TV - BLOG

CHECK THIS OUT!




Thursday, June 6, 2019

Rhonda Ross (daughter of Diana Ross) speaks with When We Speak TV

Written by: Jermaine Sain
Back in September of 2018, I received an invitation to come to Dallas, Texas, for an event.  While planning my trip to Dallas, I got the bright idea to see if I could network with ANYONE in the Dallas area while in town.
I'm always looking for creative was to network and since I'll be there....might as well take advantage of it.  While looking for things to do in the city, I found an event 
​called The Riverfront Jazz Festival, presented by The Black Academy of Arts and Letters.  If you know anything about me, then you know that I enjoy concerts and festivals.  Plus, the concert had a long list of artists the I enjoy, like Erykah Badu, Rahsaan Patterson, Rachelle Ferrell, Lalah Hathaway, and many more.  
​Then the idea came to me....why not see if you can obtain credentials to this event so that way you can meet some great people in the area plus have footage for your next video. 

Needless to say, we did just that and we had a blast but there was one person that I wanted to see perform that I didn't get to see because her performance was happening during the time of the event that I was in Dallas for.  That person was Rhonda Ross.  
Picture
Picture

FAST FORWARD

​After I left Dallas and was now back in Atlanta, it continued to bother me that I didn't get an opportunity to check out Rhonda's performance so I went on her website to see if she would be on tour any time soon and if so, would I be in any of the cities during that time.  Of course the first city I looked for was Atlanta but I didn't see anything.   Then I noticed that none of the other cities and dates matched with my schedule, so I was like "Oh well...maybe one day".
Picture
Then, around maybe March of this year, I started looking up the artist for the Atlanta Jazz Festival, which we have now covered for the last 3 or 4 years, and to my surprise, Rhonda Ross and Rodney Kendrick was listed as one of the performers!  Immediately I was like, "Lord, this must be my opportunity"......then I was like forget this "I want to feature her on a segment of What Do YOU Speak?".

The month of April rolled around and I was going back and forth about reaching out to her because I was so afraid that she would say no.......but then finally I decided to put down my fears and reach out to her management.  To my surprise, she said YES!!!!!

I gave you that long story to say, don't allow your fears to hold you back from what may be one of the most life changing events in your life! 

I had so much fun speaking with Rhonda and she was so super cool and down to earth!  I feel so blessed for this opportunity and I hope that this interview inspires you!!!!
What Do YOU Speak?



from When We Speak TV - BLOG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment





Jermaine Sain is the host/ creator of a talk show called When We Speak. After exiting the U.S. Army in 2003, as a Medical Sergeant, Jermaine began pursuing a career in music after he auditioned for American Idol in 2005, in Austin, Texas.


In 2008, Jermaine moved to Atlanta where he has had the opportunity to provide backing vocals for Kem (Grammy nominated R&B Singer) Heart (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and Barry Manilow, as well as for companies such as Pink Ribbon Story Foundation and Verizon Wireless. He made his first music video appearance in Kem's Glorify The King.


Jermaine's talk show, When We Speak, caters to entertainment with a close focus on indie music professionals.

When We Speak TV Store

The When We Speak TV Daily