When We Speak TV - BLOG

CHECK THIS OUT!




Wednesday, March 23, 2016

From The Thoughts of Jermaine Sain: "Up" by Arrested Development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rAZGFjnZM

Music is like an emotional picture for me because at any given time, a song can evoke my emotions and paint a picture in my mind.  Have you ever listen to a song and it reminded you of something?
I can listen to music and it's almost like I'm at that particular moment all over again.  But not all music does that, some songs encourage me to keep moving....and everyone that has ever gone after a dream or is currently going after a dream knows that you definitely have to keep yourself encouraged.
http://amzn.to/1UMnxRG
That's exactly why I love the song Up by Arrested Development.  Yep that's right Arrested Development!!!  Often when I mention the group to people, they are not aware that Arrested Development is still together and doing music.....but they are, so check out their new album This Was Never Home.  


THE STORY:
 When I first moved to Atlanta, I used to sing in a group and as time went on, the group began to elevate and the gigs got bigger and bigger.  I handled all the online and media promotions of the group and I felt so successful when I found out that my work was the reason that people was finding out who we were.  Then, after I had been with the group for about six years, we disband.  Initially I remember being so hurt considering that I felt that I we had so much potential.  My heart was crushed and I felt that all the work, I had done was totally in vain.  I thought that my success was driven by the success of the group and the breakup totally crushed my enthusiasm.

BACK TO THE MUSIC:
When I hear the song Up by Arrested Development, it actually reminds me of the time I sang with the group, but not in a bad way.  The song says, "....can't go back to where we started. Let's keep it up, oh the only way is up."  Once I heard those lyrics it immediately encouraged me!  I can't go back and change what happened or what could have been in the past but I can keep it up.  My vision doesn't have to die just because one chapter closed....I just got to "keep it up" because the only way from here is "up!"   
This song became such a great encouragement to me, that I decide that myself and some of the previous group members should get together and do a cover.....Hope you like it!!! 

Up by Arrested Development performed by Tongela Renee, Jermaine Sain, Chester Lawrence, Hope Celeste, and K. Caprice
  

No comments:

Post a Comment





Jermaine Sain is the host/ creator of a talk show called When We Speak. After exiting the U.S. Army in 2003, as a Medical Sergeant, Jermaine began pursuing a career in music after he auditioned for American Idol in 2005, in Austin, Texas.


In 2008, Jermaine moved to Atlanta where he has had the opportunity to provide backing vocals for Kem (Grammy nominated R&B Singer) Heart (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and Barry Manilow, as well as for companies such as Pink Ribbon Story Foundation and Verizon Wireless. He made his first music video appearance in Kem's Glorify The King.


Jermaine's talk show, When We Speak, caters to entertainment with a close focus on indie music professionals.

When We Speak TV Store

The When We Speak TV Daily