When We Speak TV - BLOG

CHECK THIS OUT!




Thursday, July 7, 2011

Peachtree Road Race 2011

On Independence Day you can normally find all types of things to do, whether it’s a parade, a cookout, or just some well needed rest. An Independence Day tradition in Atlanta, Georgia, is the AJC Peachtree Road Race. Organized by the Atlanta Track Club, the AJC Peachtree Road Race attracts runners of all ages, color, and nationalities from all over the world. Since I had never attended this event in the three years I’ve lived in Atlanta, I decided to check it out. I had no plans on running (maybe next time) but I definitely wanted to see what it was all about.




Began in 1970, the Peachtree Road Race is 10k and starts near Lenox Square Mall and ends at Piedmont Park. When the race first began, in 1970, it had 110 runners. Most recently, (July 4, 2011), the race had over 60,000 runners. Thus far this is the most ever! (I was delighted to be one of the spectators).

Although, I didn’t run in the race, this will definitely be a yearly tradition for me also, whether I run or volunteer! See you next year!
MEN'S WINNER: Sammy Kitwara of Kenya
WOMEN'S WINNER: Werknesh Kidane of Ethiopia


For more information on the AJC Peachtree Road Race, go to:
www.peachtreeroadrace.org


Follow When We Speak TV on Twitter
Subscribe to When We Speak TV on Youtube

1 comment:

  1. Good day!
    I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
    Thank you

    minasol@yourmediaguru.com

    ReplyDelete





Jermaine Sain is the host/ creator of a talk show called When We Speak. After exiting the U.S. Army in 2003, as a Medical Sergeant, Jermaine began pursuing a career in music after he auditioned for American Idol in 2005, in Austin, Texas.


In 2008, Jermaine moved to Atlanta where he has had the opportunity to provide backing vocals for Kem (Grammy nominated R&B Singer) Heart (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and Barry Manilow, as well as for companies such as Pink Ribbon Story Foundation and Verizon Wireless. He made his first music video appearance in Kem's Glorify The King.


Jermaine's talk show, When We Speak, caters to entertainment with a close focus on indie music professionals.

When We Speak TV Store

The When We Speak TV Daily